Managing a 3PL warehouse facility requires solving some unique challenges, but when it comes to cold chain 3PLs, those challenges are only amplified — more regulations, more energy costs, more complex inventory management. Implementing lean practices can drastically improve the efficiency of your cold chain warehouse, but there’s one area that many warehouse managers overlook — the storage and racking.
1. How many touches occur between receiving materials into the warehouse and shipping them out,
and how much time do employees spend traveling the warehouse floor to pick orders?
2. Have you considered renovating or adding onto your existing structure to create more space?
3. Do you need additional space for value-added activities?
4. Are you concerned about the energy costs associated with your cooler space?
5. How many OSHA reportable accidents has your warehouse had in the past year? How engaged are your employees?